Configuring account settings
Okappy connects with your accounts package. You can easily raise invoices in Okappy and export them to your accounting package, thereby avoiding rekeying and duplication.
To raise invoices in Okappy, you will first need to configure your account settings. Read on for step by step instructions of how to configure your account settings.
Configure your account settings
To configure your account settings from within Okappy,
- go to your invoices screen (if this is not enabled, first enable it from your settings)
- Click the Invoice options icon towards the top right of the screen
- Select Account settings
- Choose an accounting package
- If you are using Xero or QuickBooks, click the Connect button.
See Connecting your Okappy account to Xero or Connecting your Okappy account to QuickBooks for more information
- If you are using Sage, Kashflow or Clearbooks, set up your products and services by clicking the add new item button
- Enter an item, i.e., labour or materials
- Update the item price
- Add the nominal code. It should match the relevant nominal code in your accounting package
- Update your payment terms if relevant
You are now ready to raise invoices from your jobs.
Note: When raising an invoice for a job, you can only raise invoices for your customers.