The Okappy business activity index tracks the number of jobs completed by day by companies across many different industries including Plumbing and Drainage, Electrical Contractors, Facilities Management, Construction and the Public Sector.
The index was rebased prior to the impact of Covid-19. An index reading of 100 reflect normal 'pre-virus' number of jobs completed per day.
Covid-19: Key dates
- Monday, 16th March: Working from home encouraged where possible
- Friday, 20th March: Schools closed from today
- Monday, 23rd March: 'Stay at home' instructions issued
- Thursday, 16th April: 'Stay at home' instructions extended
- Monday 11th May: 'Stay at home' changed to 'Stay Alert'
- Monday 1st June: Schools begin to re-open
- Monday 15th June: Non-essential shops re-open in England
Tracking economic recovery
- January to February 2020 showed similar levels of activity as the same period in 2019.
- March was actually busier as companies tried to complete as much work as possible before the lockdown was implemented
- Work activity in April was roughly half that of the previous 3 months although April is generally a quieter month
- Once the Easter Holiday was over, we saw an upturn in the number of jobs completed.
- We saw a steady increase in June with momentum gaining pace towards the end of the month
About the Okappy job index
Be the first to hear
Leave your email below to stay up to date with our latest tips, tricks and trends on all things business?