Okappy is a business to business communications and collaboration platform. In respect to personal date, Okappy complies with the Data Protection Act 2018 which is UK’s implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). It is the data controller and sole owner of personal data collected on this website.
We use up to date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible and to protect against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access.
Okappy may use your information for the purposes of advertising, marketing and public relations and only for long as necessary for those purposes.
You can view information held on the system by logging in with your email and password from the button at the top right of the screen. You can also request a copy of the details that we hold about you. A small fee may be payable.
Various communications in the form of emails, text messages or push notifications may be sent from us or from participants on our platform. This could including, but is not limited to
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased goods or services from us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
Help and support
We may send help, advice and tips of how to get the most from the Okappy platform. You can ask us at any time to stop sending this advice by following the opt-out links on any message or contacting us at any time.
The Okappy system will send information to you when requested such as when changing a password.
You may also receive communications from your connections or employees on the platform including, but not limited to invites, job sheets, invoices and reports. Free format messages can also be generated between participants on the platform.
Okappy pays careful attention to the security of its computer systems, network and all data contained within. It rigorously defends against threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental.
It is the policy of Okappy to ensure that:
- All its computer systems and information contained within them is protected against unauthorised access.
- Information kept in these systems is managed securely, not only to comply with relevant data protection laws, but also in a professional and dependable manner.
- All employees of Okappy and any consultants or third parties who work with Okappy are aware that it is their responsibility to adhere to this policy.
- All regulatory and legislative requirements regarding computer security and information confidentiality and integrity is met by Okappy.
- All breaches of security are investigated and logged and remediating action taken at the earliest opportunity.
Anti spam policy
This site has a No Tolerance Spam Policy. We actively monitor emails that go out to all our subscribers. All emails or newsletters contains a mandatory unsubscribe link. Subscribers can click on this link at any time to remove themselves from our subscription list.
Okappy ensures that all aspects of its work is conducted in accordance with sound environmental practices, achieved by:
- Providing products and services that help towards a more efficient fuel consumption
- Minimising consumption of energy
- Reducing the creation of waste
- Recycling of materials
- Complying with environmental legislation issued as local, national and European directives
- Conserve and protect the environment through the services we provide
- Implement new technologies to improve working practices
- Applying strict quality controls in our work
- Develop accounting systems as a means to measure our environmental impact
- Okappy encourage among its staff and customers awareness of environmental issues in the context of our business. We want to ensure that we continually improve the environmental impact of our total global activities.
We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
The only cookies in use on our site are for Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a web analytics tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Like many services, Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions as in our case, where they are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site – for more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites you use, visit this Google page.
“DoubleClick: We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on our website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future. If you do not wish to receive this type of advertising from us in the future you can opt out using the DoubleClick opt-out page or the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page.”
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.